As we welcome the distinguished new floral trends of 2019, the floral designers at Gordon Boswell Flowers are eager to share the new looks and trends with you. Be prepared to see fresh, unusual combinations of color and texture as we reveal chic, modern takes on tradition and bring updated twists to classic designs. One of our favorite new trends, Ethereal Bliss, features a muted pastel palette of pink, sage and lavender with warm brown undertones and textures such as wood grain, marble, leather, and bronze. The warm elegance of this minimalistic look will take your breath away.
While Valentine’s Day is typically associated with love and romance, it can also be a great time to show your love and appreciation to all of the special people in your life. Your mom and your sister know you better than anybody else and are wonderful people in your life. Take this opportunity to show them how much you love them and thank them for how much they help you with a beautiful floral design on Valentine’s Day. The floral experts at Gordon Boswell Flowers are putting together some beautiful floral arrangements specifically with Valentine’s Day in mind.
As Valentine’s Day approaches, we like to think about the unique way you can share your feelings with your special someone or loved ones this season. Gifts, jewelry, teddy bears and heart-shaped cards are always in order, as well as a beautiful bouquet of her favorite flowers. Different flowers communicate different meanings, so choose wisely. Find something that lets her know exactly how you feel about her. The floral experts at Gordon Boswell Flowers will be happy to help you choose a beautiful arrangement that says exactly what you mean.
The 2019 Color of the Year has been announced and it is Living Coral. This animated and life-affirming coral hue with golden undertones is energizing and enlivening with a softer edge. You will be seeing this color everywhere this year, from runways to living rooms, from weddings to sporting events. Surround yourself with Living Coral to update and modernize your environment. The floral experts at Gordon Boswell Flowers believe that the easiest and quickest way to include Living Coral in your daily life is with flowers.
Each year when the New Year rolls around, we begin to take stock of our lives, often looking for ways to improve ourselves in small, simple ways. The floral experts at Gordon Boswell Florist suggest adding flowers to your world to feel refreshed and renewed on a regular basis.
- Flowers can boost creativity. Surrounding yourself with your favorite colors (and you do still have a favorite, even if you’re no longer a child) has been proven to improve creative thought and ingenuity. Add flowers to your work space and open your mind to new possibilities.
- Flowers lower stress. The color green is a known stress reducer, so placing flowering plants with leafy green foliage near your desk or work space can create a calm, peaceful environment, reducing stress and anxiety noticeably.
- Flowers help you breathe easier. Plants and flowers are natural air purifiers, absorbing impurities and toxins in the air and allowing you to breathe cleaner air. This promotes improved focus, attention and mood because you simply feel better when breathing cleaner air!
Thanksgiving is a time to stop and reflect on who and what you are most thankful for in life. At Gordon Boswell Flowers, we are most thankful for our incredible team without whom we could not create and deliver the most beautiful flowers to you and our community. Our growers and farmers, our dedicated sales staff, our artistic designers and our professional delivery drivers all work hard to make sure we deliver the highest quality with a smile. We are grateful for each and every member of our team.
This year, instead of letting the stress of creating the perfect Thanksgiving feast take you away from the true meaning of the holiday, try refreshing your meal with a twist on tradition. Invite guests to join you for an international-themed Thanksgiving meal. Go potluck or feature dishes from your favorite cultures. A Mediterranean buffet or Japanese theme can bring out the creativity in everyone. Or simply invite guests to join you for a dessert-only Thanksgiving (who’s not thankful for dessert?). Dress your table with traditional Thanksgiving linens, china and stemware, featuring a lovely centerpiece from the collection at Gordon Boswell Flowers for a simple way to tie your non-traditional feast to the nostalgia of the holiday.
Autumn has arrived and with it, the prospect of entertaining guests and loved ones throughout the season. The floral artisans at Gordon Boswell Flowers have put together some gorgeous centerpieces as well as some great tips for creating your best tablescape ever this season.
- Along with gorgeous stemware and linens, personalize each table setting with a flower just for that guest. Bonus points for choosing flowers that match one of the blooms in your table’s centerpiece.
- While neutrals are arguably classic and easily dressed up, the fall holidays are a great time to go all out. Break out the bold colors and bright autumn hues for a festive appearance and warm, inviting vibe.
- Incorporate elements from nature throughout your table. Succulents make beautiful accent pieces to a bold autumnal centerpiece.
A beautiful autumn decor in your home or office this season is as simple as expecting the unexpected. Bring unique colors, shapes and designs into focus that blend beautifully with seasonal favorites for a stunning look like you’ve never seen. The design professionals at Gordon Boswell Flowers have some great ideas for adding a little something extra to your decor this season.
- Try mixing textures and fragrances for a delightfully fresh look and aroma in your home. Cinnamon sticks in a gorgeous floral arrangement, apples carved into candle votives, and clove-pierced oranges as a centerpiece all evoke the fragrances of fall while creating a stunning visual effect.
- Give you autumn color palette an update by grouping like shades together for a modern, stylish monochromatic look. An all-rust centerpiece or a fully-burgundy mantle will shine brightly and highlight the multiple textures found in your display.
Send a spooky treat that’s sure to delight your favorite witches, ghosts and ghouls this Halloween with a fantastic, holiday-inspired floral arrangement. Let loved ones know they’re on your mind and in your heart this Halloween when a gorgeous bouquet arrives from you. The amazing designers at Gordon Boswell Flowers have created some fabulous fall and Halloween designs that embody the spirit of this holiday with stunning autumn colors and textures.